Ahmadu Bello University, ABU postgraduate admission form for the 2016/2017 academic session is out, see details below.
The management of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, invites applications from suitably QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION INTO Postgraduate programmes of the School for the 2016/2017 Academic Session.
ABU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION – ENTRY REQUIRMENTS.
- An applicant for Postgraduate studies must have met the normal undergraduate requirements of at least five relevant O’ level credits or a combination of relevant O’ level credits and A ‘level qualifications (in a maximum of 2 sittings) such as IJMB, HND, HSC, NCE, etc. In all cases these must include a credit in O’ level English Language and Mathematics (where required).
- A holder of HND (minimum of an Upper Credit) or equivalent is ordinarily not qualified for Masters Admission except where he/she has acquired an additional qualification such as a PGD in the same or related field whereby he/she may be admitted.
- Applicants with 3rd class Degrees can, in some cases, be admitted, provided they possess additional relevant qualifications such as a PGD and/or post-graduation work experience (at least 5 years) acceptable to the University.
- Holders of Pass Degree or HND (lower than an Upper Credit) are not eligible for postgraduate studies in ABU.
- PhD applicants must hold a Master degree with a research thesis component (not project). Candidates with a CGPA score of less than 3.5 are not eligible for PhD admission.
- Where a PhD applicant is judged to be deficient, has a professional Master’s degree or Masters without a Thesis component, he/she maybe considered for an M.Phil.
- Applicants who earn a minimum CGPA of a 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil. programme shall be upgraded to proceed with the relevant PhD study.
- Applicants for PhD programmes are expected to liaise with the relevant departments/programmes prior to selection of their proposed research areas to ascertain the department’s capability to host their proposed study.
- Where a Master or PhD student is unable to complete his/her study within the stipulated time, such a student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil. respectively (where applicable).
HOW TO APPLY FOR ABU POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
To apply for ABU Postgraduate School, Interested and qualified candidates are required to visit the ABU Portal via http://forms.abu.edu.ng/pgform/ to create an account to obtain a uniqueTransaction ID which you will use to pay for your application form.
All ABU Postgraduate application forms cost =N=10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only. However, the banks will also charge a token administrative fee in addition to the cost of application forms. Please see list of participating banks below.
After creating your account on this portal, please proceed to pay for your forms at any branch of the underlisted banks nation-wide:
|1.||ABU Microfinance Bank, Samaru Zaria.|
|3.||United Bank for Africa (UBA)|
|4.||First Bank of Nigeria Plc|
|5.||Guaranty Trust Bank Plc|
|6.||Zenith Bank Plc|
|7.||Fidelity Bank Plc|
|9.||Keystone Bank Plc|
|10.||Skye Bank Plc|
|11.||Diamond Bank Plc|
|12.||Eco Bank Plc|
|13.||Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc|
|15.||Unity Bank Plc|
ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS FOR SOME POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES.
All candidates applying for:
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy (MIAD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- MPA/PGDPA, M.Ed/Ph.D. (Admin and Planning)
are to note that they SHALL BE REQUIRED to write Entrance Examinations for their respective programmes. The dates, venues and times of the examinations shall be communicated in due course.
ABU POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION CLOSING DATE.
ABU postgraduate admission application closes Monday, 7th November, 2016.