Commodity Market Limited Recruitment 2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Commodity Market Limited Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Commodity Market Limited Recruitment 2018
Commodity Market Limited – Our organization is incorporated as a modern agricultural commodity market, established under a set of clearly defined rules and regulations, where a wide range of agricultural products, especially the commodities and livestock, will be traded. The market is intended to provide an integrated marketing platform that will allow the conduct of buying and selling of agricultural commodities both in a physical form and through an exchange and even from remote locations through the internet. The market will bring in improvement in agricultural commodity trading using technology away from the informal market set up.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Managing Director/CEO
Report to: Board of Directors
Employment Category: Fixed Term
- The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer is the most senior full-time executive of the organization.
- He/she will be responsible for directing the activities of all the departments within the organization and management of employees and in ensuring all business goals and objectives are achieved.
- Forges and maintains strategic alliances on behalf of the organization.
- Ensuring prudent management of resources by presenting transparent financial results to the Board of all incomes and expenditures of the organization on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Safeguarding and ensuring the integrity of all assets of the organization.
- Building and maintaining an efficient management team;
- Reports to the Board of Directors on the activities of the organization.
- Serves as a member of Board Committees.
- Serves as Chairman of EXCO of the organization.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Board.
- Responsible for the organization’s strategic vision and plan, as well as being the primary driver, overseer, and implementer of that plan.
- Provides the leadership necessary for generating growth for the organization while ensuring efficient supply chain management and effective coordination of employees, consultants, strategic partners that includes brokers, buying and selling agents, local contractors etc.
- Promotes the organization’s activities.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the organization as evidenced by return on investment, growth in revenue and profitability.
- Responsible for understanding and meeting shareholder’s and customer’s expectations.
- Ensures that the business actions, plans, and goals uphold the organization’s reputation for quality and integrity.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Procurement & Supply, Accounting etc. A master’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience with at least 10 years in either Stock Market, Agricultural Commodity Exchange Market, Financial Services Industry, Storage and Warehousing Receipt Systems, Supply Chain Management or in building businesses around Agricultural Commodity Marketing and Trade. 5 years of the 15 years relevant experience must be at top/senior management position.
- A recognized professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Strategic management (formulation and implementation) skills.
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of the Agricultural Commodity Exchange Market.
- Strong background in building relationships with strategic clients.
- Strong marketing, selling, relationship management and public relations skills.
- Microsoft office suite competency.
- Good presentation skills.
- Communication (oral & written).
- Team building / Conflict management.
- Coaching and people management
- Analytical skills/ Problem solving
- Resilience and Tenacity
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply