Federation of African Engineering Organizations Recruitment 2018 – Jobs in Nigeria
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Federation of African Engineering Organizations Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Federation of African Engineering Organizations Recruitment 2018
The Federation of African Engineering Organizations, FAEO Is the umbrella organization of Engineering Institutions in Africa. It represents African engineering Institutions at the Executive Committee of the World Federation of Engineering Organizations, WFEO. It has also signed an Mall on Technical Co-operation with the African Union to promote engineering practice and development in Africa, FAEO coordinates engineering programmes and activities of PEIs in line with best practice and aims to promote engineering to the world in order to strengthen the engineering industry in Africa.
In its effort to deliver on its mandates FAEO had sought for the support Of the Royal Academy of Engineering through the Africa Catalyst programme to strengthen the Secretariat of the Federation that is hosted by the Nigerian Society of Engineers and located at the National Engineering Centre in Abuja. It is in line with this, it intends to employ 2 additional staff for an initial period of 18 months, which could be extended defending on the subsequent performance of the staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Working with the Executive Director and the Marketing and Membership Affairs Manager, the Business Development Manager will have an overview of implementation of projects and the funding needed to implement them.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Executive Director to develop a fundraising strategy for the Federation.
- Ensure Implementation of FAEO’s programmes and projects
- Look for prospective sources of funds for sustainability of FAEO
- Accounting of FAEO’s expenses
- Cultivating donor relationships
- Working with institutional donors
- Any other tasks or duties as required by the Federation.
- Degree in Engineering and (or) Business related subject
- Membership of professional body
- Knowledge of accounting systems ICT knowledge
- Relationship building skills and ability to work as a team
- Experience of Donor management and proposal.
- Project Management qualification
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage
- Experience in working remotely.
Job Title: Marketing and Membership Affairs Manager
- The Marketing and Membership Affairs Manager will work to attract all the member states of Africa as members of FAEO, through identifying states which do not have (PEIs), states which have PEls which are not members of FAEO and states whose PEIs need strengthening.
- The manager will also be responsible for promoting African Engineering activities through MED in order to increase visibility and engagement with the organization on a continental and global level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the President and Executive Director to raise the profile of FAEO across the continent of Africa and globally
- Work to promote the profession of Engineering in Africa and beyond, as detailed in FAEO’s vision and mission
- Engage with PEIs who are not members from both Anglophone and Francophone parts of Africa with a view to bringing them under the fold of FAEO.
- Maintain FAEO website
- Any other tasks or duties as required by the President or the Executive Committee of the Federation.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Fluency in French and English
- Strong analytical IT skills
- Experience in marketing and/or customer service
- Good at building relationships with a wide range of people and regardless of gender.
- Experience in working remotely Ability to work with different nationals.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application to the Executive Director, Federation of African Engineering Organizations and attach their CV’s and copies of relevant certificates, to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 10th July, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants/candidates will be invited for interview.