Mennonite Economic Development Associates Recruitment 2018 – Jobs in Nigeria
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Mennonite Economic Development Associates Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Mennonite Economic Development Associates Recruitment 2018
MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates) is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite business professionals, we partner with the poor to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environment and Technology Coordinator
- MEDA seeks qualified Nigerians to support its Youth Entrepreneurship and Women’s Empowerment in Northern Nigeria project (Nigeria WAY) in Bauchi, Bauchi state
- Nigeria WAY is a five-year project that will assist economically active women and youth to increase their income particularly those who are involved in agro-processing in the rice, soybean, and groundnut value chains
- The project will work with communities and families to improve the environment where girls grow up.
- The position is central to a team of gender, value chain and financial services advisors based in Bauchi State in Nigeria
- The position has a start date of July/August, 2018; is full time in a 1-year contract renewable up to 5 Years
- Based in Bauchi city, Bauchi state, Nigeria, the position entails travel around the state and is supervised by the Deputy Field Project Manager.
- The Environment and Technology Coordinator will be the technical lead for the integration of considerations of agro-processors practices as well as examining appropriate and sustainable technologies to foster higher levels of production for and minimising environmental impacts of agro-processing
- Will work in the project to integrate relevant national policy frameworks and metrics, as well as to achieve inclusive outcomes
- Will ensure health and satety precautions are in place for agro-processors and manage the Innovation Fund strategy in collaboration with implementing partners
- The position will report progress as part of donor reports and to MEDA team members and management as needed
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of the Environmental Sustainability strategies for the project
- Mainstream environmental as well as health and safety considerations across all project workflows
- Advance a strategy to support time use by women in agro processing using technology
- Work with Lead Firms, Key Facilitating Partners and other project stakeholders to raise environmental awareness, health and safety issues and the key gender equality aspect of time use for women as economic actors in agro-processing
- Track, analyse and report on all gender disaggregated data to show women and youths involvement in the project, and their uptake of environmental sustainability measures and technologies
- Identifying emerging challenges and promoting best practices in gender-equitable participation to contribute to improving the business environment for small scale agro processing units
- A Master’s Degree in appropriate Technology, Environmental, Engineering and/or Community Development or related Degree.
- Sector experience: agriculture/agribusiness, and/or extractive sectors a plus work in the private sector
- Excellent report writing and review skills
- Willingness to travel to project areas
- Fluency in English required and Hausa is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of environmental issues and mitigation strategies research and analytical tools, strategies and approaches especially those related to agricultural value chains
- At least five years of professional experience, three of which must be environment related in an international development setting
- Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders to implement gender, youth and environment sustainability projects
- Experience working with green technologies, renewable energy products
- Good computing skills including Microsoft office software packages
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letters and CV’s to: WAYjobapplications@gmail.com
Application Deadline 3rd July, 2018.