YABATECH: Vacancy for the Post of Rector.
Vacancy for the Post of Rector
Further to the earlier advertisement of the imminent vacancy for the post of Rector of the College, the Governing Council has decided to enhance the achievement of the objectives of the Search Team that is provided for in the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Decree No. 5 of 1993. To this effect, Council earnestly invites applications from candidates who possess the following qualities and qualifications.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following academic/professional qualifications and personal qualities:
- Must have a Masters or a Doctorate degree in any of the disciplines offered in the college with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional and administrative experience; at least, five of which must have been gained in an institution of comparable status;
- Must be a Chief Lecturer with not less than five (5) years experience on that grade;
- Must not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of office, in December, 2017.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic, administrative and visionary leadership, initiative and creativity in positive managerial attributes;
- Must belong to a recognized and reputable professional body(ies)/Associate(s).
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers of educational conferences, seminars and/or workshops;
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the college;
- Must be a person with initiative and vision for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the college, even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Must be fair-minded and dynamic individual, who will not pursue racial, ethnic, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest and one with an impeccable reputation;
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital);
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must present a vision statement on how to develop Yaba College of Technology.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- a) The appointment is for a term of four years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of four years and no more. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should be accompanied with twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae giving the details in the following order:
- Full Name with Surname underlined;
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Nationality & how acquired;
- Marital Status;
- Number & ages of children;
- Current Postal Address including telephone number & e-mail;
- Educational institutions attended with dates;
- Academic/Professional qualifications obtained with dates;
- Membership of Professional Body(ies)/Association(s);
- Academic/Scholarly publications (in standard format);
- Previous Employment(s) and post held with dates;
- Present Employment including status and salary;
- A statement of his/her own vision for the Polytechnic in the 21st century (20 copies);
- Other activities outside current employment;
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Yaba College of Technology.
Such Referees should be able to attest to the candidate?s claims to high academic, managerial and leadership capabilities as well as their notable uprightness.
Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked POST OF RECTOR on the top left hand corner, addressed to:
Search Team for Post of Rector
C/o Office of the Registrar
Yaba College of Technology
P.M.B. 2011, Yaba
And to reach the Office of the Registrar not later than September 8, 2017.
Please note that candidates who responded to the earlier advertisement do
not need to re-apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.