Save the Children Recruitment 2019 – WASH Officer – Water… Save the Children recruitment 2019 application form, requirements, qualifications, and guidelines.
I believe you visit this page because you seek information on How to Apply for the Save the Children Recruitment – Job Vacancy exercise. This page will give you insight on how to apply for Save the Children recruitment 2019/2020, application form, requirements, qualification, guidelines, portal, and related details.
Table of Contents
Save the Children Recruitment 2019
Applications are invited from in suitably qualified applicants for the 2019/2020 Save the Children Recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Save the Children following the procedures on this page.
Before we Continue, Let’s talk a little about Save the Children:
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Available Job Positions
The following Job Position is available at Save the Children:
Job Title: WASH Officer – Water
Job ID: 190000CA
Locations: Benue and Ogoja-Cross River
- The Water Officer will lead the field implementation of SCI water supply in the Cameroonian refugee response.
The Water Officer will:
- Supervise construction of water collection points and storage platforms.
- Oversee operation and maintenance of SCI water treatment unit, hybrid borehole systems, pumps and generators to ensure adequate periodic maintenance is executed.
- Organize and conduct training for Water User Committees in coordination with sanitation and hygiene team members.
- Perform water quality analysis during water source development and implement water quality monitoring as part of the day to day water supply activities.
- Build the capacity of water supervisors and plumbers in the implementation, operation and maintenance of water supply equipment and facilities.
- Support the WASH Manager with data collection in all water supply activities for proper monitoring of WASH program implementation.
- Ensure water supply activities are carried out in coordination with sanitation and hygiene activities as well as other partners implementing services in the field.
- Coordinate with logistics to facilitate procurement of necessary WASH items and materials.
- Prepare monthly water supply activity report as requested by the Team lead.
- Carry out any other assignments as delegated by the WASH Manager.
- Carry out detailed WASH assessment in coordination with the WASH team with focus on water source development, treatment and distribution to Persons of Concern.
- Prepare designs and BOQs for water supply constructions and installations for settlements
- Supervise borehole drilling and rehabilitation by contractors in the field to ensure adequate quality control is maintained and project specifications and timelines are adhered to.
- Ensure Child Safeguarding Risk Assessments are conducted for all construction and programme activities
- Implement with the support of water supervisors surface water supply treatment systems and distribution network for newly developed settlement sites.
- Minimum of a degree in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Hydrogeology or related fields.
- Two to three years’ experience in emergency or humanitarian settings.
- Good assessment, analytical and planning skills
- Ability to work well in the field under difficult and basic conditions
- Familiarity with disaster-affected population
- Familiarity with population fluxes and water supply management in the context of emergencies
- Experience working in emergencies in Cross River and Benue is desirable
- Familiarity with mapping field equipment and software
- Experience with emergency water supply systems
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
How to Apply
Save the Children Recruitment 2019 Application Details:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2019.